Places to Eat in Bedford


Its no secret that I love my food and one of my favourite meals is a good old hamburger and chips. While in Bedford me and Cal found this pub and restaurant on the High Street that made the best hamburger and chips called The Standard. We walked past it on the way to Nandos actually and noticed the interior inside and grabbed a menu.

It has a real old fashioned feel to it with a handful of tables with chairs and a hand full of sofas and armchairs to sit in, it didn't look like a restaurant at all. We loved the quirky chairs and the paintings on the wall. It was quite busy when we walking in so we knew it was good. 

Up the stairs was a roof terrace with more sofas and deck chairs which I thought was an amazing idea. We didn't end up going and looking our selves but the photos from the website make it look so cosy. 

There had boards everywhere talking about their live music and stand up performances they have weekly every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and the girls who worked there were super lovely and even went to the shop across the road for me. 

Bedford The Standard
Bedford The Standard
Bedford The StandardBedford The Standard

To eat I had the plain hamburger (shock) with loads of ketchup and chunky chips, it was served with homemade coleslaw which was so amazing I had both mine and Cal's pots. Cal had the Smokey barbecue sauch burger with extra streaky bacon and shoestring chips. I also got a strawberry milkshake that was amazing and so refreshing since it was hotter outside then we expected. We sat at the front of the pub on the two big sofas in front of the huge open windows which I loved and Cal complained the whole time that he couldn't eat there. 


Bedford The Standard

Bedford The StandardBedford The Standard

We will definitely be returning next time we're in Bedford for a bite to eat on the roof terrace and a strawberry milkshake. 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.