August favourites



august, bourjois, Clinique, dior, favourite, MAC, makeup, Miss Sporty, newlook. beauty, Products, rimmel,

There has been a few products that I haven't stopped using this August, to the point where I have turned my room upside down because I can't find them (they were in my hand bag for the record). I have mentioned the Dior Pore Minimizer Primer before in a post looking at my Dior Collection and I did say that I rarely use this product because it is expensive and a present from a relative. This month I stopped hiding it in my draw and whipped it out for some uses, I mean there is no point holding onto a product for it just to go off! It is a great product and leaves my skin so soft. I don't have a problem with big pores thankfully but when my skin has been red and patchy, this product has smoothed out my problems ready for my next products. I do believe it keeps my foundation on for longer as I used it when I spent the whole day in Leicester where it was windy and rained on and off, when I got home my foundation was still in tack and looking good.

My first and favourite loose powder that I like to use is the Newlook Pure Colour Loose Powder in Translucent. I used pressed powders for years and never wanted to try loose powders before until I decided to try out this powder from Newlook. I have now jumped on the bang wagon and wouldn't go back to my Rimmel Pressed Powder. It is great at keeping my under eye makeup in place all day and doesn't make my skin turn cakey or give me spots. That was one thing I was worried about with loose powder as you tend to use more product but I didn't need to worry. It can get messy and from now on I do keep my pot on the top of my draws as it gets messy when it moves around in my draws but it is easy to clean with a brush.

I have been going in between two different concealers this month and the first one is the Miss Sporty Concealer in Light. This is great at brightening my eye area and different points around my face. It is really creamy and easy to blend in which makes making my eye bags a thing of the past. It doesn't have a high coverage so I wouldn't use this on problem areas but it is a great eye concealer. My other concealer is the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer in 01 Ivory. Again I use this concealer on my under eye area and it is great at brightening that area. This product is a thicker consistency than the Miss Sporty product so it takes a bit more to blend it in. I like going in between these two products depending on how much makeup I am putting on that day and how bad my bags are.

I have two lip products I have been all over this month and they are Mac Cremesheen in Delight and Clinique Colour Pop in Bare Pop. Yes I know I have mentioned Clinique Bare Pop why too much in my lifetime but I just love it sooooo much! I will try and stop talking about it but I can't promise anything... The Mac Delight on the other hand I think I have hardly mentioned which I am shocked about. It is the perfect lip gloss in shade and product, the shade is a perfect pinky nude which is great for everyday makeup and goes with any makeup look. The consistency is kinda thick but not so thick that your lips feel suffocated, it sinks into your lips and leaves them with a glossy colour on you lips which isn't sticky.

Lastly a hair product that I have been using for months now but it hasn't made its way into my favoruites before now is the Urban Therapy Twisted Sista Different Strokes Serum which I apply to wet hair before I leave it to dry. This gives my hair moisture, stops it going frizzy when it is dried and leaves it super smooth and shinny when it is dry. When I don't use this product my hair feels dry and rough and doesn't sit well whatever I try to do with it. I couldn't live without this product to be honest.

What products have you loved in August?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.