Face Of The Day | Simple Everyday Gold Look

Face Of The Day | Simple Everyday Gold Look

I love a simple makeup routine and I posted this photo of my face products one day this week and you guys loved it so I thought I would do a quick post on the look and products for you. Now I have to admit I have totally forgot about my Rimmel foundations in the last few months opting for my new favourites (which are L'oreal True Match and Revlon Colour Stay for the record) so my Rimmel products have been feeling a little lonely lately. So for that day I decided to whip back out my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in Ivory. I knew I was going to do a tanned goldy look because I had fake tanned that morning and I tried my Soft Beige shade which was still too dark for me so I whipped that off and reapply it in the Ivory shade.

This foundation gives me a medium coverage and a super glowy look which doesn't look artificial which was just what I was looking for. I don't like foundations which look like your wearing foundation on your face so this product is great as it blends into the skin really well and makes it look even and fresh. I didn't want to use a powder bronzer on that day so I used my L'oreal True Match Liquid Illuminator in Golden Glow underneath my foundation and it just gave me a nice subtle golden glow on my cheeks and gave the impression that I had amazing cheekbones (thank you very much).

Face Of The Day | Simple Everyday Gold Look
Shades Left to Right: Buff, Camel, Sand, Dust, Chocolate, Topaz, Earth, Storm, Silk, Wave, Thunder and Onyx. 

On the eyes I used my beloved W7 In The Buff palette which has some gorgeous autumnal shades in. I used Chocolate in the crease, then Wave in the outer edge and with Thunder placed on top. Then over the majority of the lid and blended into to darker shades I placed Dust which is a gorgeous gold.

Lastly on the lips I whacked on a old favourite of mine which compared to my other red lips wouldn't have got a mention on the blog this year so I am happy I wore it that day so it is shown some love this year. This Avon lipstick in the shade Chilli has been in my collection for many years and has worked so well so many times for me. It is really moisturising on the lips but now that it is a fair few years old now it has started to dry out which means it appears more matte on the lips which means it lasts longer (it might be a little be gross but I can't bear to part with it I can't find it anywhere!) My red lip just finishes off the look perfectly and it feels a big strange not rocking a red lip since I have been living in them this November. My top 3 red lipsticks for the party season are appearing on the blog this week so keep your eyes pealed! 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.