January Skincare Fix


Current Skincare | January

I have spoken before about how much I love a striped back skincare routine and through January I have had three firm favourites that have helped over haul my skin. Firstly I have been trying out properly the Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm which I picked up back in November . I have spoke before about how I didn't like it at first as I felt you had to break the first layer of product to really be able to pick up any balm, well I have well and truly broke the seal now and I love this cleanser. I use it in the mornings to wash my face, in the evening to take my makeup off and all over my face except for my eyes. It does say you can use this product on the eyes but having sensitive eyes myself, I find it makes the area quite dry. The cleanser breaks down makeup really easily and leaves my skin feeling super clean. The product is really smooth and nourishing on the skin so my face never feels striped after using it which I can find with some balms. I got into using this product daily at the start of January and I have used it every day since and love it.

After Christmas my skin didn't want to co-operate at all and I had mountain after mountain appear on my chin so I decided to try something new. The L'oreal Pure Clay Masks have been floating around everywhere recently and having a real obsession with masks I wanted to try one of them. I opted for the Charcoal Detox Mask to really clear my skin of all the gunk that had been clogging it. Since purchasing it about 2 weeks ago I have used this mask twice a week and since then, my chin has completely turn around. The spots on my chin were big puss spots which I would pop and then they would reappear. The worst thing about them was that no amount of makeup would cover them which I hated. Since using this mask the spots have become less angry, less puss fill and are slowly going away so it has saved my skin this month. 

Current Skincare | January

Lastly I mentioned in my January Favourites post that I don't change up my moisturisers very much but since the start of January I have fell in love with a new moisturiser which I have now sadly ran out of. It is the Lush Gorgeous Moisturiser which I had a little tester pot for from Christmas. Since trying it at the beginning of January I have used it nearly every day since because it is the perfect moisturiser to wear underneath foundation. You don't need a lot of product for it to do its job, it leaves your skin tacky  at first so doubles as a primer for your foundation and if you leave it to sink into the skin, it leaves it feeling really smooth and soft. If I wasn't on a spending ban I would go and repurchase it straight away but sadly since I am, I will have to make my way through my remaining pots first before I can justify buying any more. 

Do you have any products you have tried in January you would recommend?
You may also like:

1 comment

  1. These are great picks! I love the Clinique Cleansing Balm. It works so well!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.