Newlook Makeup Haul | Re-brand and First Impressions

Newlook Makeup Haul | Re-brand and First Impressions
I recently purchased some new makeup products from Newlook and they have recently re-branded their makeup range (again) so I had to pick up a few bits to try considering I swear by a lot of their old products. I didn't go too crazy since it is very close to Christmas and I have a lot of makeup in my draws so I picked up a eye shadow palette, a lip liner, 2 brushes and 3 matte velvet lip crayons.

Starting with the palette in the shade Nude - isn't it just so gorgeous?! They do have little quads in the collections now but the shades in both were pretty dull, after I swatched the three gold shades in this palette in the shop I fell in love. They are super buttery which I wasn't expecting so when I first used them they blended really easily and the pigmentation was really good. I have created some lovely brown golden eyes which this palette and the look has lasted all day on my lids with just the lightest shade in the palette as a base on the lid. I've have a gold glitter eye shadow from Newlook from a few years ago which I absolutely love so I knew I would be a fan of this palette. As you can see from the palette I have two favourite shades already and they look so beautiful on the lid. 
Newlook Makeup Haul | Re-brand and First Impressions
Newlook Makeup Haul | Re-brand and First Impressions
The two brushes that I picked up were the powder and bronze brush in their collection. You can never have too many bronzer brushes as they get dirty so easily so this is a welcome addition to my collection and the brush fibers are so soft it feels lovely on the skin. I picked up the powder brush because it is really big and dense so I thought it would be great to pack on powder at the end of my routine to keep my makeup in place. 

Lastly I picked up a Lip Liner in the shade Rouge which is a classic ruby red which is perfect underneath any red lipstick, it also has a hint of pink to it so it will be great to use underneath my more pinky red shades. As well as that I picked up some Matte Velvet Lipstick Crayons in three shades which I am really excited about. I picked up the shades Toffee Apple which is a brown nude, Heather which is a burgundy dark nude and Royal which is a dark brown with hints of purple/burgundy in (I am really bad at describing shades but I have included swatches). I really like this so far I have wore Heather so many times already which encouraged me to try the other two shades. I find them don't dry out my lips even though they are matte lip products which is good for me since I have dry lips. I found it also lasted all day on me which is amazing, I only had to touch it up in the middle of my lips after I ate some food. The thing I like most about Heather is that it doesn't apply patchy at all which I find with dark crayon lip products so I have no problems applying it without a mirror because I know it will look good. - I can't find the shades of the Matte Velvet Crayons on the website so I have left the link for all the crayons they do have so you can shop the shades in stock!
Newlook Makeup Haul | Re-brand and First Impressions

Have you tried any of the new products?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.